Friday, October 8, 2010

Pb or C?

C, of course, referring to the question of whether pencils are lead or graphite.


Cm'on, its graphite, obviously. Its a really good material for value renderings. I'm gonna post some of my old ones, but this certainly will not be the last graphite post. Err, I'm not sure what else to say about this medium, buh is supah fun you try eet.

This is a statue of Venus from the Met in nyc, done in 2008 from observation =^,^=
 This was done in my junior year of high school (2008), DEFINITELY from photograph, this took me like two weeks. Labor of love.
This'ns also from my junior year, a tiny stone relief from the St. John the Divine Cathedral from observation.
So yea, let me know how these make you feeeeel.

I went to Mesa Grill today, on 5th and 15th. It was really good, Bobby Flay's place. The shrimp tamale and asparagus salad are really good appetizers, the salmon entree has a really great smokey flavor and the "hack" chicken came with an amazing sauce. The atmosphere was a little loud but our waitress was super nice. Make reservations ;D

I really miss going out. It seems like I never have time anymore with all the homework I get. I really want to get back to some museums, I feel like I'm missing out on all the cheap culture around here. I don't quite feel like I'm properly experiencing the city at the moment, its disappointing. School can be slightly overwhelming. I haven't been to a concert in forever, I miss the atmosphere.

This certainly isn't the type of concert I usually go to, but I love how fun this looks. Can we go? Pleaaaaase?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something opinionated