Monday, October 25, 2010

Parsons Challenge

Hey guys,

So, I'm pretty excited about this post right here. It related very closely to Parsons, the New School for Design, where I just started as a freshman this August (2010). It is, of course, my Parsons Challenge, in case you couldn't read the title. The challenge this year was to create a series based on something you overlook every day. It played a pretty important role in my application, and I'd like to share mine with you nice people.

conte crayon 2009

colored pencil 2009

graphite 2009

Thank goodness I had all these archived for me on my Deviantart, otherwise I would have lost all these photos along with everything else that was flushed when my hard drive crashed a few months ago. As you can see, the pieces are done in varying media and range in emotion from subtle to very expressive. I hope these are not abrasive to your eyes.

Oh, and lets not forget about this guy.



Hahahahahahah yeah I just did that.

3 comments:

  1. "OH SHIT IT'S THE DANCING GUY" - My statement to you sending me this.

    I really like these pieces. Especially the Zipper Mouth One. IDK why but I like how Gritty and dark the picture is. Plus it incorporates zippers. Which are my favorite part on clothing that has...zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The graphite piece really stands out to me, great job on all of them though. :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave something opinionated