Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Little Bit of Nothing, Whole Lot of Something

Hey people
Today was another rainy October day in NYC, what a drag. Couldn't wait to get home to my massive amount of homework :D

I think I'll take a look back at chalk pastels for a bit, post some old pieces. I don't think I'm going to be working with this medium for quite a while, which is kind of disappointing.

shoot this ones old! 2007
 2007
this ones from 2009
also 2009


Oh, and all of these were drawn from observation. Teehee. Chalk pastel is a really nice, soft pastel you can use on toothy charcoal paper (grips the pastel dust best). Don't forget to SPRAYYY your chalk pastel pieces, otherwise they'll get color all over you. Trust me.

Anywho, let me know what you think. Tell me which one is your least favorite. Bai!

7 comments:

  1. I think I like the first one the most. I like the color and the shading of it. The last one of what I'm guessing is a Buddha like figure pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate that, since that first one was the first time I used this medium. And that Buddha statue is actually being incorporated into a still life series I'm currently working on :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I used chalks once, but only white. Man, you make me miss my old art classes...
    I like the first one a lot, the shadows look booteeful. I also like that style with the thick, shiny highlights in the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The third one is phenomenal, seriously...the other three are also really well done, but the third one stands out to me as being super expert full combo style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Buddha would make a great tattoo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the third one down, are you studying art in school now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Savage, expect a tattoo art post sometime.

    Yeah, JJ, I'm a freshman at an art college this year.

    ReplyDelete

Leave something opinionated