Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Digitize Me, Bish

Alright, so I figure, thats enough with the studio-type stuff for now. I think I'm going to move onto some digital art for a bit, yeah? Everyone likes that, right?! I'm pretty stoked about it.
Sooo, I've only used Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, but I really like those two programs. I think they, especially the new versions, give you a lot of freedom when it comes to making,....well, whatever you want, really.
The modernist movement of the 20th century proved that technology created an entirely new range of potential when it came to art. Machines made the impossible suddenly seem possible. Oh the opportunities! I think I just got a creativity boner.

Lets start off with Photoshop, shall we?

CS4
CS3, inspired by Sean Scully
CS3, inspired by Rene Magritte

All of these are from 2007-2009, something in that span of time. I'll have more to post later on, more recent stuff for sure. Hope youre looking forward to it as much as I am!

Also, I thought I'd make a new addition to my posts. Having said so, I'd like to introduce you to:

Ways to Waste Your Time!
I thought I'd start off with a popular favorite. If you've never heard of stumbleupon.com, oh boy, prepare not to get any work done, ever.

3 comments:

  1. I am excited for you to get your recent stuff up. You are constantly making new stuff over at parsons(SP?) so it isn't like you will have no material to post with.

    As for this post, I really like the top one. Why? IDK, just calls out to me.

    You know what I like best about photoshop and illustrator? I can actually use them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top image reminds me very much of Picasso's mixed media cubist period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty impressive stuff. I wish I had some sort of talent, sadly I do not.

    ReplyDelete

Leave something opinionated